Ian Malyon founded Panoptos Ltd in 2003 after working in the IT industry for over 20 years, specialising in Internet services since 1994. Key skills developed in roles held: analytical/problem solving skills, customer focus and collaborative style of working, team working with internal and external customers, coaching with a flexible approach.
1994 – 2003 UUNET (MCI), Cambridge, the UK’s largest business Internet service provider.
- Cisco router configuration
- IP Routing
- Setting up helpdesk
- Web tool design, coding and implementation
- Web site content management
- System data migrations
- Departmental management
- Analysis of data/costs
- Procedure improvement/documentation (including ISO 9001)
- Project management
1990 – 1994 PRO-IV Systems Ltd, St.Ives, a software house
- Internal/external customer helpdesk
- Software installation
- Systems installation and maintenance
1983 – 1990 Kier Ltd, an international construction company
- Operating centralised computers
- Implementing distributed computing policy
- Communications network maintenence
- Technical support
Ian’s career history enables him to combine big business experience with the personal approach of a small company……..Panoptos Ltd.